Edinburgh Futures Institute is proud to open calls for our Visiting Fellowship programme, starting in the 2024/25 academic year. In this dynamic academic environment, our visitors will be able to interact with other fellows, academics affiliated with the Futures Institute, our partners from the business and third sector, and our students. Fellows will be able to take part in our seminars and events programmes, and be able to access our training courses, making for a highly enriching experience.
At the Edinburgh Futures Institute we challenge, create, and make change happen. We are focussed on tackling today’s increasingly complex issues by bringing people and disciplines together to spark the unexpected and make better futures possible.
We catalyse collaborative, data-driven and interdisciplinary research innovation across the University of Edinburgh and six key research areas:
- Creative industries & digital humanities
- Financial services & Fintech
- Festivals and tourism
- Public sector: prevention, data civics, participatory democracy, governance
- Future Infrastructure, with a focus on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Ethics of data and artificial intelligence
We encourage applications from researchers who hold a position within an academic institution, from post-doctoral scholars to more senior academics, working in these fields. We will make a decision based on experience and research commensurate to the applicant’s career stage. We will also give particular consideration to those from LMICs (low and middle income countries), or other applicants who represent minorities not currently well-represented in the Futures Institute. In particular, we are looking for applicants that meet the following criteria:
- Promising ideas that relate our key research areas, even if there is no active grant or proposal in place (particularly from Early Career Researchers).
- Existing or previous funding related to our research areas, where a visit to the Futures Institute would lead to advancement of the work.
- An idea for a grant proposal, where a visit to the Futures Institute would benefit the writing of said proposal.
Visits are expected to last 3-6 months within an academic semester. Successful applicants will be expected to make a contribution to the local research community, through guest lectures or seminars, helping to write grant proposals, or contributing to teaching. If successful, you will receive up to £1,500.00 per month of visit, plus reimbursement of travel and visa costs (if required).
The deadline is midnight (GMT) 15th January 2024, and successful applicants will be informed by mid-February.
If you have any questions regarding this fellowship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org